Friday, November 1, 2013

I must not fear

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

...And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

~Frank Herbert, Dune


This caught my attention the other day and really got me thinking about how I am personally dealing with fear. Fear that I am not the best wife, mother, sister, friend. Fear of the unknown. Fear of the known. I did not realize how much I have let fear into my life. Fear can be the cause of anger, withdrawal, procrastination, worry, uneasiness, low self esteem. 
I will choose to not let fear control me. 
How is fear affecting you and your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment