Thursday, July 4, 2013

Corona Regional Hospital is AWESOME!


 
As a Doula I have worked in good number of hospitals-
  • Rancho Springs Medical Center
  • Palomar Medical Center
  • Fallbrook Hospital
  • Riverside County Hospital
  • Riverside Community Hospital
  • Camp Pendleton Naval Hospital

And now add to the list Corona Regional Hospital- my new FAVORITE!!  As far as hospitals go Corona Regional has knocked the socks off all the rest! I recently had the opportunity to support a couple at this great hospital.  For so many reasons, it was AMAZING!  From the moment that we arrived the nurses were kind and patient.  They honestly seemed happy to see us. Throughout the rest of the labor they continued to be very accommodating to all of our needs. In a hospital environment the nurses make all the difference. I actually was really looking forward to this birth because I took a yearlong Lactation class with several nurses from Corona Regional. Sadly none of them worked while I was there but I made a couple new nurse friends that I look forward to working with again!! 
The hospital is a little older but what it lacks in fanciness it makes up in quality maternity care.

Another great thing about Corona Regional Hospital is that it is an accredited Baby Friendly hospital. It is one out of only 164 hospitals in the whole United States to earn this award! I watched them up hold all of the Ten Standards required.
Click here to learn more about Baby Friendly Hospitals.

Check out Corona Regional Hospital and see if it will fit your birth needs. They offer free Maternity walk-through tours:
Wednesdays (two per month) from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. and
Saturday (one per month) from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. 
Reservations are required. Call 951-808-6721 to schedule a tour.

Note: I was in no way paid or compensated for writing this. I just feel that praise needs to be given when it is earned. 
Photo credit given to : "Mother And Her Newborn Baby" by David Castillo Dominici

No comments:

Post a Comment